WPI to Celebrate the Inauguration of President Laurie A. Leshin November 7th & 8th
Installation of the University’s 16th President Launches a Celebration 150 years in the Making—the WPI Sesquicentennial
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) will inaugurate Laurie A. Leshin as 16th president of the university on Saturday, November 8th. The installation ceremony will be followed by a luncheon, and that evening WPI will host The Intergalactic Inaugural Ball celebrating our place in the universe and the promise of the next 150 years.
As part of the celebration, the university will also host “Inspired to Innovate: A Future-Focused Conversation” on Friday, November 7th. This discussion will be moderated by President Leshin and will feature four extraordinary leaders of academia and industry who will speak to:
- Impact of STEM Higher Education
- Technological Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Disruptive Innovation in Higher Education
Featured speakers are:
- Wanda Austin, President and CEO, The Aerospace Corporation
- Craig Barrett, Retired Chairman and CEO, Intel Corporation; Chair, Change the Equation
- Mariko Silver, President, Bennington College
- Subra Suresh, President, Carnegie Mellon University; Former Director of the National Science Foundation
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 100 Institute Road, Worcester, Mass.
- Inspired to Innovate: A Future-Focused Conversation
Friday, Nov. 7th at 2 p.m.
- Installation Ceremony
Saturday, Nov. 8th at 10 a.m.
WPI Sports & Recreation Center
- The Intergalactic Inaugural Ball
Nov. 8th at 7 p.m.
Eileen Brangan Mell